13 SLIGO BALLISODARE SCOUTS – Note for parents
CampOne 2013 – Larch Hill, Dublin. 24 – 28 July 2013 – (www.scouts.ie/more/events/camp_one-19.html)
Depart: 3.45pm from 85 /88 Cloondara, Wed 24 July
Return: Approx. 3.30pm, same spot, Sun 28 July
Have a full dinner before you leave and bring a packed meal for your tea on Wednesday evening.
1. NO mobile phones to be brought. You can contact your child any time at the nos. below. If a child needs to phone home, they can use a leaders phone.
2. MAXIMUM spending money is €30 – all food, souvenirs and activities are covered in the camp cost, so it’s unlikely you spend anything. All money to be handed to leaders for safe keeping before we leave Sligo on Wednesday.
3. If (!) you child is bringing treats, PLEASE be sensible about how much they bring. Leaders may have to impose a goodie tax if there is too much sweet stuff around (we are particularly fond of chocolate and haribos……). Seriously though, if each child brings enough for everyone, it means your child will eat 6 times as much sweets as they bring.
4. What to bring – scouts all know what they need for camping away for 4 nights, if you need a refresher look at: https://ballisodarescouts.wordpress.com/. Be prepared for all types of weather.
5. Medication: If you child is taking any medication, please contact us in advance with written details.
6. Be safe and have fun!
Maeve McCormack: 086 3172161 Paul Geraghty: 087 6033231